Latasha is a psychotherapist, consultant, clinical supervisor, and national speaker. With over 18 years of service, Latasha specializes in individual and couples therapy. Her diverse clinical experience stretches over a multitude of settings.
Latasha’s therapeutic approach is to help individuals and couples develop the necessary skills to overcome current challenges and create healthier lifestyle patterns. With compassion and understanding, she integrates complementary care to offer a tailored approach to each client. Latasha works in collaboration with area healthcare organizations for a more integrative approach to overall health and quality of life. As a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT), she values mind and body synergy as the path to serenity.
Latasha is passionate about making relationships work. She is trained by Drs John and Julie Gottman in Gottman’s method of couples therapy and Gottman’s “Treating affairs and trauma.” Additionally, Latasha is a certified educator of Gottman’s “Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work,” a workshop developed by the Gottman Institute.
Latasha has presented locally, providing corporate workshops/ seminars for the City of Charlotte on a variety of topics pertinent to workplace challenges; and nationally, providing training for medical/ healthcare professionals. She is also a certified trainer of Managing Aggressive Behaviors (MAB), through University of Oklahoma OUTREACH.
- University of Maryland (MSW)
- Institute for Clinical Social Work (PhD candidate)
License, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)-NC Social Work Certification and Licensure Board
- Certified Oncology Social Worker (OSW-C) -Board of Oncology Social Workers
- Certified Trainer of Managing Aggressive Behaviors (MAB)-University of Oklahoma, Tulsa
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision-National Association of Social Worker, North Carolina Chapter
- Certificate in Integrative Behavior Health in Primary Care – University of Michigan
- Certified Yoga Instructor -Subtle Yoga
Professional Activities and Memberships
- National Speaker
- Grand Rounds presenter-Massachusetts General Hospital – 10/2015
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- National Associations of Social Worker-North Carolina Chapter (NASW-NC)
- Association of Oncology Social Workers (AOSW)
- Coastal Region Representative for NASW-NC -2004
- American Association of Psychoanalytic Clinical Social Workers (AAPCSW)
- Yoga Alliance Association